School Board Elections
On Monday, Oct. 24, 2022, voters in Ontario will elect mayors, councillors, school board trustees and other elected officials in municipal elections held across the province.
Near North District School Board (NNDSB) has eight elected trustees who represent the municipalities within the board’s geography. Additionally, the area First Nations will select a representative to serve on the Board of Trustees. Together, the nine trustees are accountable to their communities and to the province for continuous improvement in the level of student achievement in their schools.
This webpage is your resource for information on school board elections in the October 2022 election:
- General information for voters and candidates
- Voter Information
- List of Registered Candidates
- Social Media Use Q&A
- March 31, 2022 – No by-election shall be held after this date.
- April 3 – Last day for school boards to provide a copy of the report on determination and distribution of trustees.
- April 30 – Last day for municipalities and school boards to establish rules and procedures regarding the use of municipal and/or board resources during the election campaign period.
- May 2 – The nomination and registration periods begin.
- Aug. 19 – Nomination day, with a deadline of 2 p.m. The last day to register as a candidate. A candidate who wishes to withdraw their nomination must notify the municipal clerk in writing before 2 p.m.
- Oct. 24 – Election day