At Near North District School Board (NNDSB) there are various jobs that promote a safe and enjoyable learning experience for its students. Each month, NNDSB will be featuring a position in the board; the purpose is to share with parents and guardians the services available and to acknowledge all of the professionals employed by NNDSB.
What is a Student Trustee and what do they do? A Student Trustee is a representative of the students in their board at the Board table. They express the opinions of the students and strive to make change using the student voice. There are four main responsibilities for Student Trustees: running Student Senate; attending Board […]
The following interviews were conducted and the feature was written in mid-May for publication in early June to acknowledge and celebrate National Indigenous Peoples Day on Monday, June 21. The discovery of the remains of 215 Indigenous children on the grounds of the former Kamloops Indian Residential School in British Columbia brings to the fore […]
If you’re reading this right now, you’re experiencing the work of Near North District School Board’s (NNDSB) communications team. The team disseminates information from the Board of Trustees and Director of Education Craig Myles to a wide number of stakeholders. The two-person team is supervised by Liana Blaskievich, Officer Corporate Affairs and works closely with […]
Looking after one’s mental health and well-being goes hand-in-hand with learning. Located in all regions of the board, there are professional and dedicated staff available for students and staff alike. Near North District School Board (NNDSB)’s mental health team is comprised of a mental health lead, social workers, child development counsellors or commonly known as […]
Since the onset of COVID-19, cleaning measures have been strengthened at all Near North District School Board (NNDSB) buildings – measures that have kept COVID-19 numbers low in board schools. Deb Lamb, an NNDSB facilities supervisor says custodians are frequently cleaning high-touch and high traffic areas in their buildings, in addition to increasing the concentration […]
- Nipissing District School Boards announce protocol for spectators at outdoor events
- Director of Education pens letter to bus drivers
- Outdoor classrooms created at Phelps Central Public School thanks to teacher and generosity of local businesses
- NNDSB Alumnus making splash as filmmaker, credits specialized secondary school programming for his continued success
- TOK Exhibition
- Board Highlights for October Meeting
- Fricker tender awarded to Venasse Building Group Inc.
- Modification to Nipissing District COVID-19 Protocol for Inter-school Extracurricular Activities, Sports and Clubs
- News Story: Alliance Public School prepares large donation for Nunavut students
- West Ferris Secondary School Named Apple Distinguished School