Social Media at NNDSB
Social media allow for a variety of ways for school communities and boards to share news, information, reminders, and the exciting things happening within their buildings.
The engagement opportunities are endless. Social media is about connecting Near North District School Board (NNDSB) to something larger.
As a member of the NNDSB community, you will have the opportunity to interact and communicate using social media tools – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. NNDSB has a Facebook page, Twitter feed, Instagram account, as well as a YouTube account. All schools and departments can have Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube accounts.
Social media is about conversations, community, and building relationships – a tool to connect with staff, students, parents, and the school community. Social media is a networking tool offering a different level of engagement than more traditional forms of communication.
NNDSB’s social media accounts are updated and monitored during regular office hours from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday.
We encourage open and engaging conversation. We ask that you express any concerns, ideas or thoughts in a respectful, family-friendly manner. Comments that do not follow the guidelines below will be removed and/or blocked from the page.
- Obscene, discrimination, or disrespectful comments or posts will not be allowed.
- Comments that are abusive, hateful or intended to defame anyone or any organization will not be permitted.
- We reserve the right to delete comments that:
- are spam or advertising;
- are clearly off-topic or disruptive;
- advocate illegal activity;
- promote services, products, or political organizations;
- infringe on copyright or trademarks;
- violate any Near North District School Board guidelines or procedures.
Individuals who do not follow the above guidelines will have their posts removed and/or be blocked from the page.
You participate at your own risk, taking personal responsibility for your comments, your username, and any information provided.
Finally, the comments and posts expressed by members of the public on any NNDSB social media account do not reflect the opinions and/or position of NNDSB or its employees.
For more information about NNDSB and to contact us please visit our website at www.nearnorthschools.ca.