Welcome to the Edsby portal where you will find information, tools and resources that engage you in your child's learning.
The Edsby learning platform will allow you to:
- View course activity and updates
- Access assessment information
- Communicate with teachers
- View scheduled events & due dates
- View attendance information
Where to look?
When you login, you will see your child's classes listed:
- Clicking on the course code (1) takes you into the class to view class activity
- Clicking on the "My Work" (2) button displays work associated with your child
- See artefacts in your child's portfolio by clicking "View Portfolio" (3)
- The recent activity area will display the latest updates to the activity feeds in your child's classes
Before logging in you will receive an e-mail invite to setup your Edsby account.
If you didn't receive the e-mail please contact the school office.
Click here to learn about setting up your parent account.
Learn about how your information is stored and how it's being used by clicking here.
1. Click the Login button above
2. Sign in with the username and password
you setup for Edsby
(If you did not receive an e-mail invite to setup your Edsby account please contact the school office)
- I didn’t get an Edsby invitation e-mail, what are my next steps?
- If you received an invitation e-mail but forgot your password, go to nearnorthschools.ca/edsby-parents and click the Reset Password button
- Ensure you’ve returned your signed Canada Anti-Spam Legislation Form to the school office
- Ensure you’ve returned a signed student information index card
- If you’ve returned both forms and haven’t received an e-mail, please contact the school office
- How do I sign into the app?
- Enter nndsb as the server address:
- Ignore the username/password field and click the blue Microsoft button
- You may need to include @nearnorthschools.ca after your username
- I have more than one child but only received one e-mail.
- All children will show up in one parent account
- When I sign in, I’m getting “Bad username or password”
- Please ensure you’re clicking the blue Microsoft button to login
- When signing in, I get “We couldn’t find an account with that username”
- Try including @nearnorthschools.ca after your username
- I setup my account last year, should it still work this year?
- Yes, your username and password should continue to work. If you forgot your password, please go to www.nearnorthschools.ca/edsby-parents and click the Reset Password button below the login
- I don’t remember my username
- You can try to locate the Edsby invitation e-mail from DoNotReply@nearnorthschools.ca with the subject line: NNDSB Parent Portal Access
- If you can’t find the e-mail, please contact the school office to have another invitation sent
- How do I message my child’s teacher?
- Hover over the teacher’s name and select Send Message
or click the envelope in the top left menu and compose a message
- How do I set notifications?
- Click here to learn how to set notifications