Effective Date: March 20, 2007
Responsibility: Director of Education
1.0 The Director of Education for the Near North District School Board is dedicated to providing open and honest information in a timely fashion to all of the Board’s stakeholders. The Near North District School Board supports the use of advertising as a means to inform and educate the public and create awareness of education programs, services, issues, events and community activities of specific interest or benefit to Near North district students and families.
2.0 All advertising placed by schools and departments, is to be:
- consistent with the Board’s vision and mission statement;
- appropriate in terms of content, style, choice of technique, distribution, targeting and cost;
- consistent with the Near North District School Board Standards Manual;
- aligned with the Board’s communication plan and annual budget; and,
- compliant with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
3.0 The Board’s Information Officer shall take a lead in Board advertising initiatives.