Feb. 19, 2021
Dear Parents and Guardians,
The Ministry of Education has updated the school and childcare screening tool and provided new direction for attendance requirements.
School and Childcare Screening Tool
This includes new provincial direction that staff, students and children with any new or worsening symptom of COVID-19, as indicated in the school and childcare screening tool, even those with only one symptom, must stay home until:
- They receive a negative COVID-19 test result.
- They receive an alternative diagnosis by a health care professional, or
- It has been 10 days since their symptom onset and they are feeling better.
Daily screening of all students before coming to school is critical to keep our schools as safe as possible during the pandemic.
Isolation Requirement for Household Contacts
Household contacts of individuals who have symptoms of COVID-19 will not be allowed to come to school. This means that if a student is sick, all other school-aged children from the home must stay home and follow public health guidance. This measure is being put in place across the province due to the presence of variants of concern.
- All household members who are contacts of anyone with symptoms are required to quarantine until the person with symptoms receives a negative COVID-19 test result or an alternative diagnosis by a health care professional.
- If the person with symptoms does not have COVID-19 testing, all household contacts must quarantine for 14 days from their last contact with the symptomatic person.
If you have additional questions, please contact your child’s principal. For up-to-date information, visit the Near North District School Board and North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit websites.
Near North District School Board