The Near North District School Board is deeply committed to providing French as a Second Language (FSL) learning opportunities to students across all regions of our district.
This Winter, we invite parents and guardians of current and future elementary students to attend a French as a Second Language information session.
Sessions will be hosted in the following schools:
- Sunset Park Public School – February 26th @ 6:00 p.m.
- Parry Sound Public School – March 11th @ 6:00 p.m.
- Mattawa Public School – CANCELLED due to COVID-19
Families in attendance will have opportunities to:
- Learn more about French as a Second Language Programming and Pathways;
- View a presentation about the French Immersion and Extended French programs – including a vignette of classroom experience (short video);
- Develop an awareness of the benefits of French as a Second Language learning;
- Visit an Early Learning Kindergarten classroom;
- Register for the program.
Families may complete the French Immersion program registration package during the information session.
We are looking forward to meeting you!