WE STAND TOGETHER
Campaign - February 24 - March 6
"We Stand Together" focuses on creating Indigenous awareness in our school. CDL & the Indigenous Program will raise awareness about Indigenous Culture in our school and beyond with many activities:
- Language Revitalization -- learn more about the local Ojibwe territories with materials and activities to support learning and using Ojibwe Langluage.
- Ojibwe Word of the Day or Oshki Kendak (new words) on the daily announcements and signs for each classroom
- Works of art, language and other info in display cases by the second-floor ramp
- Speed dating style of quick and fun learning in Ojibwe -- phrases that youth can use at school (Friday after lunch)
- Drumming with our Artist in Residence, Dmitri Ashawasegai
- ‘We Stand Together’ photobooth in the caf
- Indigenous Films
- A Red/White/Black/Yellow spirit day
OSSLT Lunch & Learn in the HUB
Get ready for the literacy test. Do you want some advice and tips for writing the OSSLT? Teachers will be available every DAY 1 at lunchtime in the HUB. Practice tests, workbooks, and FAQs -- we have it all! Whether you are Academic, Applied, college level, university level, a first-timer, repeat writer and/or have an IEP -- if you are writing the literacy test on March 27th, don't miss this chance for some help getting ready. ALL WELCOME.
If you are not sure if you are scheduled to write, see Mrs. Beasley, Mrs. Greenwood or Ms. Hall ASAP.
Order your 2013-2014 yearbook NOW! Click here to begin customizing your yearbook. Yes, you can add pages to the school yearbook to make your copy of the yearbook, your very own. Cost: $37.10 Beautiful hard-covered books will arrive in June. Start customizing your book today!