Minutes from SAC Meeting November 5, 2018
1. Approval of the Agenda
2. Approval of the previous minutes
3. Principal Report
* Christmas Concert Dec 18 at 6 pm
* Last week was the first week of curling. Deanna Jackson is the coach again.
* Take Me Outside Day was last week. Videos are online on Facebook.
* Bus Driver Appreciation Day took place. Barry Bell said the drivers gave good feedback from the event.
* Our Superintendent Melanie Gray visited the school
* Two new students started in Grade 4 and 6
* Friday, November 9 will be a Remembrance Day Ceremony at the school
* November 22 –Music Scores
* Report Cards go home Nov 20-interviews Nov 22/23
* Nov 12 –School Climate survey –done every 2 years. Can do online from Nov 19 to 30. For Parents, Children and Teachers to measure how safe/comfortable students feel at school
* 7 Grandfather teachings –new project within school. 7 teachings are: Courage, respect, wisdom, love, honesty, truth and humility. Each topic to be explored at a monthly assembly. Grade 1/2/3 will do the first one.
4. Student Council Report
* A successful Halloween event took place
* Student Election results *President Olivia, Vice President Lily, Secretary Oscar, Treasurer Lauren, Class Rep 4/5/6 Emma, Class Rep 7/8 Nathan
* In future meetings, we will have Olivia present a report herself
5. PIC Committee Report –no update
6. Budget Updates
* In January we will offer free hotdogs to everyone on weekdays that we serve them
7. Upcoming events
a. Christmas Lunch: December 19
b. Christmas Concert: December 18
c. Christmas Brunch: December 17
* MacMillan –form due November 16
* Bake Sale –will be held evening of Christmas concert. Proceeds to the new outdoor play area. We will try to have a list of materials we are looking for at that time and hopefully people will sign up to provide certain items we need
* Vessey Seeds-do fundraiser in spring
* Fruits and Veggies fundraiser –we will be given 10 days notice of delivery
9. Outdoor Classroom and play area and gardens: Ms Kelly to get feedback from her class of what the kids are interested in having to play with. We will create a wish list of what we need as we get the school’s feedback
10. Only You Project. This will tie in nicely in the spring with the kids reading the book and decorating their rock. The rocks can go in the outdoor play area.
11. School lunches: Adding grilled cheese to every other Friday. Pasta from Swiss Country House will be Tuesdays. Hot dogs Wednesdays.
12. Other Business
* Hockey nets –to explore replacing the nets in the gym. They are falling apart.
* Pine Car derby. It will take place the Monday before March Break. Deb has ordered the cars.
13. Next Meeting: Tuesday, February 5 th