Sunset Park Public School is located at the south end of North Bay. It is a dynamic school that serves over 450 students from Junior Kindergarten to Grade 6. Sunset Park is a dual track school offering both English and French Immersion programs. The staff are “second to none.” This dedicated group of professionals deliver an educational program that includes the academic, social, emotional and physical development of every one of their students. This staff is committed to delivering a great extra curricular program. Included are a variety of sporting activities, artistic and creative programs, environmental club, and academic clubs.
News and Announcements
February 18, 2021-Letter to Sunset Park Public School families regarding School Reopening on February 22nd.
Please see the letter here: School Reopening Letter
February 9, 2021-Letter to Sunset Park Public School families regarding School Closure due to Covid-19.
Please see the letter here: Sunset School Closure Letter
February 8, 2021-Message to Sunset Park Public School families regarding COVID-19 Case
A message to families at Sunset Park Public School.
We look forward to welcoming students back to school on Monday, January 11th. As we return to school it is important to remember a few important Covid Guidelines:
- All students in Grades 3 to 6 must wear a mask at school. All students in JK-Grade 6 must wear a mask on their school bus.
- Please make sure you complete the Covid self-check each day with your child. Should your child be experiencing Covid-like symptoms you can follow the direction given on the self-check AND/OR call the Local Health Unit for guidance.
Let’s do our part to keep our Sunset students and staff safe!
Holiday Happenings at Sunset Park!
- On Monday, December 14th students will get a chance to view our “Virtual Holiday Concert”. Each class has prepared a performance. More information will be shared by your child’s teacher.
- On Tuesday, December 15th, we will have a schoolwide Arts and Crafts Day. All students will have a chance to create a holiday craft item to bring home later in the week.
- Ugly Christmas Sweater or Shirt Day is Wednesday, December 16th our holiday season. To make this day both fun and meaningful, please consider accessing SchoolCashOnline to make a donation to the Keown Family, who suffered the loss of their daughter Blake on November 7th. Funds raised will support an education fund for Blake's sister Bev, a Sunset Park student.
- On Thursday, December 17th students will take part in a Virtual Christmas Carolling Session.
- Friday, December 18th is our PJ/Movie Day. Dismissal for the holidays is at the regular time. All students will watch a movie in their classrooms.
Christmas holidays begin on the 21st.
We welcome students back to school on Monday, January 4th.
Progress Reports and Parent/Teacher Interviews:
Progress Reports will be sent home on Wednesday, November 18th with students in Grades 1 to 6. The Progress Report is designed to show your child’s development of the learning skills and work habits during the fall term, as well as your child’s general progress in working towards the achievement of the curriculum expectations in all subjects that are currently being taught.
JK/SK parents will receive a “Communication Of Learning: Initial Observations” that will provide an overview of observations regarding your child’s learning so far.
Each Fall term we also schedule a parent/teacher conference so that you will be well informed about your child’s progress. This year due to our “no visitors” policy from the Health Unit, teachers will be doing phone/virtual interviews with parents on Thursday, November 19th (after school) and Friday, November 20th during the day (PD Day).
More details about telephone/virtual interview times for JK-6 students will be sent in the coming weeks.
September 21st School Update:
Please see this letter for important dates and updates:
A Safe Return to Sunset Park School:
Please find more information attached about our plans for a Safe Return to Sunset Park School. It includes information about masks, school supplies, school arrival and departure, and more:
There are no upcoming events at this time.