South River Public School
137 Ottawa Ave, South River, Ontario P0A1X0
Tel: (705) 475475-2325 Fax: (705) 386-0213
Near North District School
Information Technology Acceptable Use Policy
Information Technology is made available in our schools for educational purposes. It is a shared and limited resource. This policy is designed to ensure system integrity and student safety.
Students are responsible for:
- Adhering to all relevant laws, including copyright laws
- Following the school’s Code of Conduct
- Treating computer equipment and computer networks with respect
- Keeping personal information private (e.g., not publishing photos, names, addresses, or phone numbers on the Internet)
- Wisely using limited network resources
- Using computer resources for educational activities
- Reporting known technical or security problems
Students must not:
- Use others’ passwords or share passwords
- Trespass in others’ folders, work or files
- Use abusive, vulgar, obscene or other inappropriate language
- Send or display offensive messages or pictures
- Harass, insult or attack other users (e.g., with unwanted e-mail messages)
- Vandalize accounts or systems, including hardware
- Perform unauthorized downloading, software installation or modification of system settings
- Create e-mail or newsgroup correspondence inappropriate to educational purposes
- Employ the network for unauthorized purposes or make online purchases
- Use Information Technology without staff supervision
- Engage in any other inappropriate use of the system as deemed by the supervising staff member
Staff may review student files and communications to maintain system integrity and to ensure that students are using the system responsibly and safely. Students should not expect that stored files or messages are private.
Students, parents and guardians must be aware of the implications of this policy and the requirements for the safe and wise use of the Information Technology resources in our schools. Actions which contravene this policy will be dealt with under the School’s Code of Conduct and could range from withdrawal of privileges to suspension from school. Staff will assist students in meeting these requirements.
I agree to the Near North District School Board Information Technology Acceptable Use Policy.
Student Signature Date
Parent/Guardian Signature Date