For Parents: What is Career Cruising?
Career Cruising is an Internet-based career exploration and planning tool your child uses to explore career and education options and develop a career plan. Career Cruising can be accessed from school, from home, or wherever your son or daughter has access to the Internet. Features of the program include:
- Interest and Skills Assessment – a world-renowned career assessment tool to help people identify suitable career options based on their interests and skills,
- Career Profiles – thorough and up-to-date information about hundreds of different occupations, including direct links between careers and post-secondary programs,
- Multimedia Interviews – interviews with real people in each occupation, which add depth and realism to the career profiles,
- College, University, and Apprenticeship Information – detailed information on post-secondary education and training options,
- Electronic Career Portfolio – available online, so students can develop their education and career plans from wherever they access Career Cruising,
- Resume Builder – integrated with the Portfolio Tool to help students format and print professional-looking resumes quickly and easily.
For Parents: Course Planner Module
The Course Planner module helps students plan courses that reflect their career aspirations and graduation requirements. It brings together critical information including credit history, course descriptions, diploma tracking, pre-requisite requirements and suggested courses.
- Online Course Information – An organized, intuitive way to learn about different courses that are available at your school.
- Online Course Planning – Students can plan courses for their future based on the careers or schools they have researched. It will also show past courses and grades.
- Graduation Requirements – The Course Planner will track a student plan to determine if they are meeting graduation requirements.
- Career Cluster Tracking – Students can plan courses based on specific Career Clusters (ie. Information Technology, Hospitality and Tourism, Business Management etc).
- Teacher Recommendations – View recommendations from guidance departments based on courses that are selected.
To find out more about Career Cruising, we encourage you to login through the Student Career Cruising page.